Tour Our Facility
Meet the RSPP Team
Company HistoryIn 1887 Daniel M. Bare founded the Roaring Spring Blank Book Company to produce ledgers, journals, etc., hence the name 'Blank Book'. Today the company has grown from a 20 person operation in a small two story brick building to over 330 employees in a 400,000 square foot modern facility that manufactures a variety of school and office paper products.
The earliest company history dates back to September 2nd 1886, when the Martinsburg Herald announced that "work had begun on building the new Blank Book Factory in Roaring Spring. A frame building 100 feet square." Funding for the building was provided by Mr. Bare, who also helped found the local paper mill. Production began in 1887 using paper from the mill. But a fire in the next door blacksmith shop spread to the plant, destroying both. The following year, a new structure was erected and production resumed. Under the direction of plant manager, Dr. A. L. Garver. Success came quickly for the young company. By the early 1900's the plant had grown to 50,000 square feet.
The company underwent major expansions in the 1920's, 1960's, and 1990's adding additional floor and warehouse space in Roaring Spring and Martinsburg.
Today Roaring Spring Blank Book is one of the largest independently owned producers of school and office supplies. Special high speed equipment not only produces notebooks, pads, and tablets, but construction paper, poster board, and pocket folders. Complimenting the production equipment is an in-house printing operation that provides fast service and assures consistant quality for the numerous direct order print jobs received from private customers such as colleges and universities.
Through five generations and more than 100 years Roaring Spring Blank Book Company has grown from a hand-full of customers to thousands of accounts nationwide. Never the less, the company has not lost sight of founder D.M. Bare's original commitments to quality products and community involvement.